Hello Friends!
Thanks for stopping by! I am Jessica Garza Grammon and I live in West Monroe Louisiana with my handsome new hubby, Joshua. I have recently relocated from Dallas, Texas and am excited to see what God has in store for us here in Louisiana. I am a writer, photographer and art lover. I enjoy what I do and am blessed beyond words. Please feel free to tell me what you would like to see more of. 

Friday, October 30, 2009

For The LOVE Workshop!

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exists, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. James 3:14-17


This has been a hard week. Jesus has been faithful to minister and reveal mysteries. It is so difficult to be content in the talents God gives you. Everyone is a photographer in my city...and it is easy to get down on yourself after looking through blog after blog after blog. This passage from James really affirmed me this week that I do not do my job out of selfish ambition. I can't even bring myself to have a facebook page for the JGP. Maybe I need a refresher...

There is an incredible opportunity to attend a workshop in the Smoky Mountains that centers of passion and your faith. "For the Love Workshop" is an opportunity to refuel and the majesty that God created for his own pleasure. I am trying my hand at winning a spot to the workshop. Even spending time doing little things for the contest has been an amazing gift. It has made all the difference. Here are a couple of pictures I couldn't really choose between for the submission. Let me know what you think. Thanks for listening!
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristin Barnett November 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

I totally know where you're coming from here. You're right - EVERYONE is a photog and that can be defeating. My teacher (who is also a pastor) spoke at my photography club meeting about the exact thing that your conference is planning to go over. He really pounded home that all talents are gifts from God and can be used to glorify him. Keep praying about your business and it's amazing how he will open doors, and open your eyes to new realms in your work. Keep it up. You're awesome. :) I hope you win a spot b/c geez you could buy a killer lens for that price!!

Team Chapman FM TX November 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity! Thank you for sharing your verse! I have been struggling with that very thing! I love both of those pics. The second one seems quite powerful, broken, demonstrates the freedom God brings us when we give it all to Him and the love and encouragement we recieve from fellow believers. The first one makes my heart smile with delight as worship is so freeing and joyous.

Jessica Grammon November 15, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

Thanks Ya'll! I really appreciate your comments! I am getting to know who I am more and learning that there is nothing wrong with it. I am grateful to have work and enjoy what I do every day. It is small moments we are given. Love you girls!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP